- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 12 people
Kids and adults alike will love this healthy, fiber-packed apple bran muffin.
- 1 cup whole bran cereal
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup apples, chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper muffin cups.
- Soak the bran cereal in 1/2 cup of skim milk until the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg whites and beat well.
- Stir in the apples, raisins and bran mixture.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared cups and bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.