- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 6 servings
Show your heart you care, try this terrific, heartwarming recipe for health nut brown rice, loaded with heart-healthy omega-3s, folic acid and whole grains.
Courtesy of the USA Rice Federation
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook almonds, sunflower kernels, carrots, and pepper flakes in margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat until almonds are lightly browned; add rice and parsley; stir until thoroughly heated.