- Prep: 4 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 4 hr 25 min
- Serving: 16
Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies are chewy and get an extra burst of nut flavor with Nutella.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1, 11 ounce jar Nutella
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 cups hazelnuts, finely chopped
- confectioner's sugar, sifted
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Nutella and shortening; beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Add sugar; beat on medium until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat until combined.
- Alternatively add flour mixture and milk to creamed mixture, beating on medium speed just until combined. Use a spoon to stir in 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts. Cover and chill for several hours or until firm.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll balls in finely chopped hazelnuts, then roll in confectioner's sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until surface is cracked and cookies are set. Cool on a wire rack.