- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 2 hr 15 min
- Total: 2 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A sweet and tropical sweet potato side dish with a crunchy nut topping.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1/2 (20 ounce) can pineapple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Combine the filling ingredients in a greased slow cooker. Cook covered for 2-3 hours on low.
- While the filling is cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together the topping ingredients and spread onto a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the topping over the cooked potato mixture.