- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 4-6 People
Nothing gets a young mind ready for school like a delicious breakfast. This year, get your child prepared and alert in the morning with some great back-to-school recipes from Mrs. Butterworth's—the thick, rich, and buttery syrup that has been brightening up breakfast tables for generations.
Mrs. Butterworth's has always enjoyed making kids smile and has been working overtime to make sure her loving fans get some new, exciting ways to enjoy the morning.
Whether it's a breakfast pleasure or an afternoon snack, this recipe for Hawaiian French toast, created by celebrity chef Kevin Roberts, will make your mouth water. Kevin, also known as the "The Food Dude," is author of "Munchies and Kissing in the Kitchen," a media personality, an executive chef, the owner of three successful restaurants, and host of TLC's "BBQ Pitmasters."
Just when your thinking, "breakfast is boring," try this fun and fresh idea that might just become your favorite before school dish!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 to 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Mrs. Buttersworth's Sugar Free Syrup, warmed
- Heat butter in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and cinnamon; dunk rolls into mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Cook bread until golden brown on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes each side.
- Warm your syrup in the microwave and pour over toast.