- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 45 min
- Total: 2 hr 5 min
- Serving: 6
Flavored with soy sauce and sweetened with pineapple, Hawaiian Chicken Wings will make everyone say, "Aloha!"
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 pounds chicken wings, disjointed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon monosodium glutamate, optional
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Combine cornstarch and flour in bowl. Beat egg with 1/2 tablespoon water in small bowl. Dip wings in flour mixture, then into egg mixture. Fry wings in hot oil until brown, turning once.
- Place in a baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan, blending well. Bring to a boil and pour over chicken wings.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.