- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6 servings
A sweet and savory pineapple and rice chicken dinner.
- 2 small whole chickens, quartered, washed
- Canola oil
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple with juice
- 2 bell peppers, cut in strips
- Rice, cooked
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dry the chicken with paper towels. Combine the flour with some salt and pepper and coat the chicken pieces. Brown in a little oil.
- Drain the pineapple, retaining the liquid. Add water to the juice to create 1-1/2 cups liquid.
- Combine the pineapple juice with the sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil while stirring consistently. Heat until thick and clear.
- Arrange the chicken in a baking dish and pour the sauce over. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, and add the pineapple and bell peppers to the top of the chicken. Bake for 10 more minutes. Serve with the cooked rice.