- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Total: 29 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Smoky and salty trout, adds a distinctive addition of flavor to this traditional recipe for hash. Top with 2 poached eggs for a delicious and hearty breakfast.
- 3 ounces smoked trout fillet, skinned and deboned
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 4 cups diced cooked potatoes or frozen hash-brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Pace the oil in a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the scallions and sauté for 2-1/2 minutes, and then stir in the potatoes and sauté for 8 minutes until browned.
- Pour in the milk and continue to stir the mixture for 2 minutes, scraping any browned bits form the bottom of the pan.
- Add the trout, 2 tablespoons of the dill, salt and pepper and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Transfer the hash to plates, top with the sour cream and remaining dill, and serve at once.