- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
These spiced cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee or apple cider.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup unpeeled apple, finely chopped
- Cream egg, brown sugar, applesauce and pumpkin; set aside.
- Combine flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Blend flour combination into pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in raisins, nuts and apple.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.