- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
- 6 pork blade steaks (1/2- to 3/4-inch thick), seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons corn or olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeÃ±o chiles, minced (or to taste)
- 1 cup beer or water
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in large skillet; add pork. Sear pork on both sides on medium-high heat just until brown, about 1 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and cover loosely with foil.
- Add garlic and onions to skillet. Cook and stir until tender, about 2 minutes, scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Add rice, stirring constantly until rice just begins to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, jalapeÃ±o chiles, beer and broth or water. Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Place pork on top of rice; cover. Simmer 8 or 9 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro if desired.