- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Serves 2
No blenders allowed for this guacamole dip made from scratch. Mash it by hand to get those authentic lumps that fit perfectly onto tortilla chips.
- 1 avocado, large and ripe
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- 10 drops Louisiana sauce (Not Tabasco)
- Seasoned salt to taste
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and empty the flesh into a small bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado until lumpy but smooth, and then add the onions, lemon juice, mayonnaise, hot sauce and seasoned salt; mix to blend.
- Serve the guacamole with salsa and a bowl of tortilla chips or some warm, toasted pita bread wedges.