- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6-8 People
Here's a quick and easy recipe for hamburger in a French bread boat.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 pounds lean, finely ground meat
- 2/3 cup low fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped, lightly sautéed onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Accent (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated cheddar or American cheese
- Mix all ingredients, except cheese, in a large bowl. Slice loaf of French bread in half lengthwise and scoop out center. Butter lightly.
- Put in thin layers of meat mixture, grated cheese, meat. ending with cheese. Wrap foil around bread only and bake in 350 degree F oven about 30 minutes.
- If crisp top is desired, turn oven to broil for last couple of minutes, being careful not to let it burn. Cut to desired number of servings. Serve along with big tossed salad for an easy supper.