- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
Hamburger and Potato Pancake is a hearty meal when served with coleslaw.
- 1, 4 serving envelope packaged potato pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons pimento, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Prepare potato pancake batter as directed on package. Preheat broiler for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet, in hot vegetable oil, saute ground beef with green pepper and minced onion over medium heat till pepper is tender; stir in pimento, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper and basil.
- Spread ground beef mixture evenly over skillet, then pour potato-pancake batter over all spreading it evenly over to edges. Over low heat cook 5 minutes or till edges look done.
- Cover hand of skillet with foil , then broil pancake 5 minutes or till top is done---it will not brown. Arrange tomato slices on top of pancake.