- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6 servings
Sliced country ham with a red-eye gravy.
- 6 (1/4 inch thick) slices country ham
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee
- Lightly brown the ham in the margarine over low heat. Remove from the pan and wrap in foil to keep warm.
- Add the sugar into the pan with the drippings. Heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring constantly. Mix in the coffee and simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste and serve over the ham slices.