- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Serves 10
Add spice and coffee to your next holiday ham. The espresso flavor pairs well with the brown sugar and ground spices, making every bite of ham a tasty, meaty mouthful.
- 1 fully cooked ham (about 5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. If ham is fatty, trim fat. Place ham on a roasting rack in a roasting pan, and bake 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve espresso in hot water. Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Baste ham with coffee mixture.
- Bake ham an additional 45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes. Remove ham from oven, tent with foil, and allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.