- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 8 servings
A hearty, creamy, cheesy ham and corn soup.
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth, divided
- 2 ribs, celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Canola oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (1 pint) half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3 cups cooked, cubed ham
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Velveeta cheese
- Cook the potatoes in one can of chicken broth. Use the oil to saute the celery and onion in a large soup pan.
- Stir a little flour into the sauteed vegetables over medium heat. Add the remaining can of broth and the cream. Continue heating, stirring non-stop, until thickened.
- Mix in the potatoes and remaining ingredients with some salt and pepper. Slowly heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.