- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 6 hr
- Total: 6 hr
- Serving: 6-8 servings
A simple, well seasoned ham and black bean slow cooked soup.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2-3 cups cooked, finely diced ham
- Add the broth and beans to a greased slow cooker. Cook on high until hot. Mash half of the beans using a potato masher.
- Stir the remaining ingredients in along with 3/4 cup of water. Reduce the heat to low and cook covered for 5-6 hours.