- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This cognac, vermouth, rye and grenadine mixed drink comes from Charles H. Baker’s famous cocktail book, “The Gentleman’s Companion.” Pierre Ferrand Ambre brand cognac is recommended for this delicious concoction.
- 1 ounce cognac
- 4 drops lime juice
- 1-1/2 ounces Italian sweet vermouth
- 3/4 ounce aged rum or rye whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon grenadine
- Brandied cherries to garnish
- Place a cocktail glass in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill.
- Pour the cognac, vermouth, rum, grenadine and fresh lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, and shake vigorously for 30 seconds to combine.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared glass, garnish with the cherries and serve immediately.