- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4
A twist on the traditional tuna salad sandwich, assertive pumpernickel bread welcomes fresh cooked halibut blended with simple but flavorful ingredients.
- Halibut Salad
- 1 pound cooked halibut, flaked
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh dill (or 1 tablespoon dried dill)
- 1 ripe peach, pitted and chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted, sliced thin
- Green or red leaf lettuce
- Combine the following in a large bowl all the salad ingredients except the avocado and lettuce.
- Divide halibut salad, avocado slices, and lettuce leaves evenly on four slices of pumpernickel.
- Top with remaining four slices of bread.
- Serve immediately with a side of fresh fruit or wrap up and refrigerate until ready to eat.