- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Fillets of hake are dusted with smoked paprika and ground cumin, pan seared until crisp and then placed on a bed or arugula with fresh pineapple to make this delicious main dish meal.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 1/2-pound pieces fresh hake
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 bunches Arugula, washed and dried
- 1 pineapple, cut into thin wedges
- 2/3 cup fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- Place the lime juice, honey and tequila into a bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended. Remove 2 tablespoons of the dressing, set aside and then add the arugula to the bowl; toss to coat and then divide between 4 plates.
- Place the olive oil into a large sauté pan. Once it begins to shimmer, sprinkle the hake with the paprika, cumin, salt and pepper and then place in the pan. Cook the fish for 4 minutes on each side and then transfer to the prepared plates to top the arugula salad.
- Garnish the fish with the pineapple wedges, mint and lemon zest, and then drizzle with the reserved dressing. Serve immediately.