- Prep: 17 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4
Serve this grand dish with a wild rice pilaf.
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 small carrot coarsely shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 ounces skinless haddock fillets
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Place the cream cheese in a small bowl and set aside to soften.
- In a large skillet mix together the broth, orange juice, carrots and dried basil.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then add the haddock.
- Reduce the heat, cover and gently simmer for 3 to 6 miuntes or until the fish flakes.
- Using a slotted spatula carefully transfer the fish to a serving platter.
- Cover the haddock with foil.
- Stir the cottage cheese and flour into the cream cheese.
- Stir 1/3 cup of the hot cooking liquid into the cream cheese mixture.
- Then stir the cream cheese mixture into the remaining cooking liquid.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the haddock and garnish with parsley.