- Prep: 24 hr
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 24 hr
- Serving: serves 8
A sweet, creamy fruit salad
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 2 cups miniature white marshmallows
- 2/3 cup gumdrops, halved (do not use black)
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Drain the pineapple, be sure to reserve 1/3 cup of the juice.
- Mix together the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the reserved juice, lemon juice and vinegar. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thick and boiling. Keep over heat for 1 minute. Allow to cool.
- Mix together the pineapple and other remaining ingredients, except the whipping cream.
- Mix the whipped cream and cooked dressing together, fold into the fruit mixture. Cover and refrigerate.