- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: About 3 - 4 People
Turn one of the most beloved childhood drinks into something more fitting for cocktail parties with just one simple added ingredient; black cherry vodka! Shirley Temples, named after the child actress of the 1930's, who wanted a cocktail that was not alcoholic at the once popular restaurant, Chasen's, in Beverly Hills.
- 2/3 cup of lemon lime soda
- 3 tablespoons of grenadine (or maraschino cherry juice)
- 1/4 cup of black cherry vodka
- maraschino cherries for garnish
- Fill a glass with ice about 1/4 way. Add lemon lime soda and vodka, stir with a straw. Pour grenadine over the mixture and stir gently into the vodka mixture. Stick a few cherries onto a toothpick and garnish over the top of the glass. Serve cold.