- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4
Grouper Nuggets are deep fried and great with a zesty tartar sauce or salsa.
- 1, 8 ounce package Hush Puppie Mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 pound grouper fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Stir together hush puppy mix and milk in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour oil in a deep skillet to a depth of 1/2 inch. Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Dredge fish in flour then in hush puppy mix.
- Place fish in oil and fry in batches 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden.