- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes 18 tablespoons of Rub
Instead of purchasing ground cardamom, buy the whole green pods and grind as needed. This way, they will retain more flavor and essential oils. Try this exotic spice in this dry rub recipe for chicken.
- 3 tablespoons ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and then rub with the spice mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Store the cardamom spice rub in an airtight glass jar for up to 2 months.