- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This light salad is the perfect dish for entertaining with its crisp and fresh taste and beautiful shades of green presentation.
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced lengthwise into 4 long pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 4 long pieces
- 10 spears baby asparagus, woody stem ends trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil plus more for brushing vegetables
- 2 tablespoons good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into a medium dice
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Prepare a grill on medium high heat.
- Brush the squash, zucchini and asparagus on both sides with olive oil, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the veggies on the grill for about 3 minutes, turning frequently to slightly char on all sides, and then transfer to a cutting board. Cut the vegetables into 1-inch pieces once cool enough to handle.
- Place the balsamic vinegar and the 5 teaspoons of olive oil into a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the arugula and toss to coat then add the avocado and grilled vegetables and toss once again to combine. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper and serve.