- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The ginger and soy sauce adds a wonderful aromatic and spicy flavor to this grilled red snapper dish. The fish can also be broiled in the oven instead of grilled.
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
- 3/4 cup coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 red snapper, scaled, cleaned and patted dry
- Place the ginger in a medium-sized bowl along with the soy sauce, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Using a small skillet, toast the coriander seeds and the red pepper flakes over medium-high heat until fragrant.
- Transfer the spice mixture to a spice mill and grind. Add some salt and pepper and then spread the spice mixture on the inside and outside of the fish until well covered.
- Grill the fish for about 9 minutes on each side, turning once. Serve immediately with the prepared ginger and soy sauce.