- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Top chef, Michael Psilakis, came up with this creative and delicious way to enjoy watermelon in the summer. Serve with a dollop of savory Greek yogurt sauce and enjoy this amazing dish.
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt or Homemade Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing and drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 3-inch-long triangles of seedless red watermelon, about 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves
- Prepare a grill on high heat.
- Place the yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar, thyme, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper in a bowl and stir vigorously to blend. Set aside.
- Lightly brush the watermelon on both sides with olive oil and then sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Place the watermelon on the grill and cook for 1 minute per side until slightly charred; transfer to serving plates.
- Top the watermelon triangles with a dollop of the yogurt sauce and a grind of fresh pepper then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the mint leaves. Serve immediately.