- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 8 servings
Sweet, juicy watermelon is a quintessential all-American summer fruit that is usually eaten plain in all its luscious glory or with a simple sprinkle of salt. Watermelon is also an integral ingredient in many refreshing summer dishes and can add something special to your usual summer fare
- 8 thick watermelon slices, with rind on
- Salt, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle watermelon slices with salt on both sides. Place flat in a strainer and let drain for about 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Rinse watermelon under water and pat dry well with paper towels.
- Brush watermelon with olive oil on both sides and place on grill. Let cook about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill marks are visible. Remove carefully from grill and re-season with salt.