- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A surprisingly quick dinner recipe that can be made in under 20 minutes, serve this dish with a side of brown rice and a glass of Merlot.
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pounds tuna steaks (1-inch-thick)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare the grill on medium-high heat.
- Place the scallions, cilantro, 1/3 cup olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar into a medium-sized bowl and stir to combine.
- Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Rub the tuna steaks with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and then sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Place the tuna on the grill and cook for 6 minutes, turning once, for medium-rare doneness.
- Transfer the tuna to a cutting board, slice and serve with the scallion sauce.