- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Grilled topped tomato halves. Great side dish or quick snack.
- 4 medium tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded American cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- Slice the tomatoes in half, sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Combine the bread crumbs, cheese and butter and top the cut half of the tomato. Sprinkle with the parsley.
- Heat, cut side up, on the griddle for about 5 minutes, or until heated through.