- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Pop these delicious tomato slices with melted cheese on the grill or in the oven, and enjoy as an appetizer or side to your main dish.
- 1-1/2 pounds of small tomatoes (yellow, red, green)
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, shredded (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 small green sweet pepper, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife cut each of the tomatoes in half and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle each tomato half with the cheese, pepper and almonds, and then bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Serve warm.