- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Total: 12 min
- Serving: 10 Servings
This simple salad is made with grilled tomatoes and scallions drizzled with olive oil and fresh lime juice, and then sprinkled with crumbled cotija cheese. Serve as a side to grilled meat, poultry and fish.
- 8 tomatoes, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 2 bunches of scallions
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus for brushing
- 2 cups crumbled cotija, about 4 ounces
- Prepare a grill on high heat.
- Brush the tomatoes and scallions with olive oil and then sprinkle generously with salt and fresh pepper. Place both vegetables onto the grill and cook for 1 minute per side, and then transfer to a serving platter.
- Drizzle the tomatoes and scallions with the olive oil and the lime juice, and then top with the crumbled cotija. Serve immediately.