- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 12 Servings
Grilling the tomatoes brings out additional sweetness and adds a slightly smoky flavor.
- 6 (6-inch) pita bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ripe Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Prepare the grill or oven broiler on high heat.
- Brush the pita bead with olive oil and then sprinkle with the tomatoes, onions, basil and 3 tablespoons of the cheese.
- Put the pitas on the grill for 7 minutes and then cut the pitas into wedges and serve hot.