- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 6
Succulent slices of steak topped with Avocado Corn Salad, a toothsome combination of roasted corn, peppers, and melt-in-your-mouth avocado makes for an unbeatable dinner entree.
- 3/4 cup cumin seeds
- 6 jalapeno chiles, stemmed, cut in half, seeded
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 bunches cilantro, stems and leaves
- 1 1/2 cups of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 pounds skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat, cut into 6 serving pieces
- Avocado Corn Salad (recipe link above)
- Lightly toast cumin seeds in a dry medium skillet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender. Add jalapenos, garlic, black pepper, salt and lime and puree until the cumin seeds are finely ground. Then add cilantro, olive oil and salt and puree until smooth.
- Cut steak into 6 servings. Generously brush with marinade and roll into cylinder. Arrange steaks in shallow pan and cover with remaining marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 24 to 48 hours before cooking.
- Cook steaks on a hot grill or grill pan for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Serve with Avocado Corn Salad and warm flour tortillas.