- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Enjoy this Sicilian-inspired pizza made with escarole, anchovies and Kalamata olives.
- 1 16-ounce Italian bread shell (Boboli)
- 2-1/2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow or red tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella or buffalo mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup halved, pitted kalamata olives
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped escarole or curly endive
- 1/4 cup shredded Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the oven broiler and place a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet, bringing up the sides of the foil and turning edges up to create a border so pizza juices cannot run off the sheet.
- Place the bread shell on the prepared aluminum and then top with the tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and olives.
- Drizzle the pizza with oil and then place in the oven and grill for 6 minutes, then remove and top with the escarole. Cook for an additional 2 minutes and then remove the pizza, sprinkle with the cheese and a few grinds of black pepper. Serve hot.