- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Because scallops have a mild flavor it is a good idea to pair them with a bright and citrusy component like this sweet and tart fresh salsa.
- Finely grated lime zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling and brushing
- 1-1/2 pounds honeydew melon, rind removed and melon cut into 1/4-inch dice 2-1/2 cups
- 1 Hass avocado, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large sea scallops
- Prepare a grill on moderate heat.
- Place the lime zest, lime juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a bowl and whisk together until blended.
- Gently fold in the honeydew melon and the avocado, and then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Cover the bowl and set aside.
- Brush the scallops on both sides with some oil and then sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Place the seasoned scallops onto the grill and cook for 3-1/2 minutes per side, turning once.
- Arrange the grilled scallops onto a plate and top with the salsa. Serve immediately.