- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: Serves 5
These Indian-inspired grilled scallops are brushed with a mango chutney sauce before they are grilled to perfection. Perfect for a dinner party cookout when you’re looking to serve something a bit more elegant than burgers.
- 5 10-inch bamboo skewers or metal skewers
- 2 pounds large sea scallops
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 jar mango chutney
- Prepare your grill or broiler by heating to high.
- Meanwhile, if using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the scallops, and thread onto the skewers. Generously brush each side with mango chutney.
- Grill each skewer of scallops for about 3 minutes per side, so grill marks show. Remove from the heat and brush once more with the chutney. Serve immediately.