- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 to 6 People
Did you know that you can make a delicious grilled pizza on the grill? Move over hamburgers and hotdogs, pita pizzas are moving in! Full of flavor + endless possiblities for toppings, this will surely be a new staple for grill nights!
- 4 large pitas
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, diced
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Brush each pita with olive oil. Brush olive oil on grill as well.
- Top each pita with pizza sauce and spread evenly to edges.
- Top pizzas with sliced Roma tomatoes, grated cheese, basil leaves, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate pitas on grill until crust is golden and cheese is melted (5 to 10 minutes). Remove pita pizzas from grill and slice into quarters.