- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: 8
An exciting condiment with a smoky sweet-hot flair that is inevitable on a juicy burger. Grilling is not necessary but the high heat caramelizes the pineapple, intensifying its tropical flavor.
- 1 (8 ounce) can of unsweetened pineapple slices (or fresh)
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded, minced*
- Juice of a lime (about 1 Â½ tablespoons)
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of salt
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Oil grill with vegetable oil.
- Grill pineapple until nicely browned, about 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- Cut into small chunks and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Add jalapeno, cayenne and salt.
- Mix well and refrigerate covered for at least 30 minutes for flavors to meld.