- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 6 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Grilling fruit really adds new layers of taste and texture. This salad pairs the sweetness of grilled peaches and pears with the sharp tang of gorgonzola cheese and the nuttiness of toasted pistachios.
- 2 white peaches, cut into wedges
- 2 pears, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup pistachios, without shells, lightly toasted
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for brushing fruit
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for the dressing
- Salt and pepper ground pepper
- Heat the grill to high.
- Wash and spin dry the baby spinach and divide it evenly between 4 plates.
- Brush the peaches and pears with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt. Place fruit on grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Distribute the peaches and pears evenly between the prepared plates of spinach and top with the crumbled Gorgonzola and pistachios. Drizzle with the Dijon vinaigrette and serve.