- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4 people
Lemon and herbs combine for a mouthwatering grilled chicken marinade.
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon choped fresh parsley (extras for garnish)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Using a peeler, remove strips of zest from one half of the lemon. Using a small knife cut into fine strips.Grate the other side of the lemon to get 1 tablespoon's worth of zest. Squeeze the juice from the lemon into a bowl.
- Combine the lemon juice and zest, oil, and all your herbs and spices in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken breasts, spooning the marinade over until they are well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes, overnight if time allows.
- Preheat the broiler, grill or griddle to medium heat. Reserving the marinade, place the breasts on the grill. Cook for about 10 minutes per side, until cooked through, brushing a few times with the reserved marinade.
- Garnish with the lemon zest strips and fresh parsley sprigs, and serve immediately.