- Prep: 4 hr
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 4 hr 12 min
- Serving: 8
For a delicious Indian meal, you don't have to head out to a restaurant. Instead, you can make these grilled Indian pork kebabs at home. Serve them with rice and grilled vegetables.
- 1 sirloin pork roast, about four pounds, boned and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, deribbed and cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 large sweet onions, such as Walla Walla or Vidalia, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 (12-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- To make an Indian spice paste, place garlic in food processor and process until minced. Add spices, lemon juice, oil and water. Process until thoroughly combined.
- Place pork in large self-sealing plastic bag. Pour paste over pork and mix pork with paste until pork is evenly coated. Seal bag and refrigerate for two to four hours.
- Spray grill grate with vegetable oil spray. Prepare medium-hot fire in charcoal grill or preheat gas grill to medium-high. Thread pork onto skewers, alternating with pieces of red pepper and onion.
- Grill kebabs directly over medium-hot fire, turning to brown evenly on all sides, for a total of ten to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to warm platter or individual dinner plates and serve.