- Prep: 7 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Get these mini pizzas made and ready on the table in just 23 minutes. No need to get take out when making a pizza dinner is as easy as this.
- 4 baby eggplants (about 5 oz each), cut crosswise in 1⁄2-in.-thick slices
- 4 pocketless pitas
- Olive-oil nonstick spray
- 1 cup bottled marinara sauce
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Prepare a grill on medium-high heat.
- Spray the eggplants and the pitas with the olive-oil nonstick spray.
- Place the eggplant on the grill for 10 minutes, flipping to cook on all sides, then add the pitas and grill for 1 minute.
- Place the pitas onto a clean counter top and spread with the marinara sauce. Top with the eggplant, dollops of ricotta, the mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese, and then return to the grill.
- Cook the mini pizzas for 1-1/2 and then remove and garnish with the basil. Serve hot.