- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Eggplants have a rich, nutty flavor. Grilling them brings out a nice smokiness. Grilled Eggplant & Feta is a filling and deliciously different dish (and it comes with its own" bowl").
- 3 medium eggplants
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Prior to heating your barbeque, spray the grate with non-stick cooking spray. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Cook the whole eggplants for about 20 minutes (or until charred), turning occasionally. Remove and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant into a medium-sized bowl. Reserve the skins. Mash the flesh of the eggplant.
- Crumble the feta, then add it to the mashed eggplant. Top with the chopped cilantro and olive oil. Season with salt & pepper. Spoon the mixture back into the skins of the eggplant and place on the barbeque for about 5 minutes until warmed. Serve immediately.