- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6 people
Grilled Cod with Beurre Blanc Sauce is nice served with fresh steamed vegetables. Beurre Blanc sauce can be served with fish, poultry or vegetables as a tangy topping.
- 4 cod fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 1 cup of white wine
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon (reserve 1-2 teaspoons of the juice)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup of cold, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon of heavy cream
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- For the sauce, use a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat and combine the shallot, lemon juice (all but 1-2 teaspoons), and wine. Reduce the ingredients to about 1/4 cup of liquid.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cream to the mixture, whisking so all incorporates well. Slowly add the butter, mixing in one piece at a time until it's all incorporated. Whisk the mixture until it develops into a rich consistency.
- Season with salt and white pepper and the 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Rinse the cod and pat it dry. Before turing on the grill, oil it with a bit of cooking oil so the fish doesn't stick to the grate. Turn the grill to high heat. Grill each side of the fish for about 3 minutes each until it begins to flake. Serve the fish warm from the grill with a large dollop of the Beurre Blanc sauce.