- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 4
An absolutely elegant salad, perfect for a dressy dinner party with guests you want to impress. The subtle earthy and sweet flavors create a beautiful blend of tastes that will please even the pickiest palate.
- 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound (about 2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, such as shiitakes, cremini, and portabellos
- 4 fresh figs, quartered
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan shavings
- In a shallow dish, place the lemon juice, oil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, figs, and prosciutto to the lemon juice mix, and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the grill or broiler.
- Grill the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, so chicken is totally cooked through. Set aside to cool, and then slice into 1-inch thick pieces.
- Add the mushrooms to the grill and grill for about 6 minutes until brown and soft. Set aside and cut into quarters.
- Place the figs onto the grill for 2 minutes, flipping once, and set aside. Cut each piece in half.
- Finally add the prosciutto on the grill and cook for 30 seconds on each side. Slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Divide the ingredients between four plates, and garnish with coarsely chopped arugula and Parmesan shavings. Serve immediately.