- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 11 min
- Serving: 1-2 People
Not just for meal time this simple and easy comfort food is a perfect anytime snack. Add a little creativity and a classic transforms to satisfy any craving.
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-2 slices cheese (your choice)
- Preheat a non-stick skillet to medium
- Spread softened butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread, buttered side down on a cutting board or wax paper.
- Arrange the cheese slices and any additional ingredients like fruit slices, shredded veggies or meats on top of the bread slice.
- Place the other bread slice on top, buttered side up.
- Gently press the bread slices together and cut with a cookie cutter or cut into quarters with a knife.
- Place mini sandwiches into the heated skillet.
- Cook until lightly browned on each side and the cheese is melted, about two to three minutes per side.