- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2
Add a delightful crunch and countering taste to your next ooey, gooey grilled cheese sandwich.
- 4 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1 small apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Generously butter one side of a slice of bread. Place bread butter-side-down in skillet.
- Add 1 slice of cheese and a few slices of apple then a second slice of cheese.
- Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter-side-up on top of sandwich.
- Cook, covered, until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Flip over and continue cooking, covered, until cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining 2 slices of bread, butter, cheese and apple slices.