- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Use these carmelized onions made on the grill with our grilled Chorizo Pizza with Arugula and Carmelized Onions, or any of our grilled pizza recipes.
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Olive oil
- Heat grill to medium-high heat, about 400 to 450 degrees F. and cut the onions into thick rounds. Place each onion slice on a skewer and coat them with oil.
- Coat the grill grate with oil and lay the onion slices on the grill. Cook 2 to 4 minutes per side and rotate 45 degrees about halfway through cooking.
- Arrange the cooked onions on a large piece of aluminum foil. Separate the onions into individual rings and lay in one layer. Sprinkle with salt and sugar and drizzle with oil. Fold the foil over the onions and seal packages.
- Lay packages on grill and cook over medium-low heat 10 to 15 minutes or until onions are very soft. Flip the package a few times.